Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that first hand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service.
We are a growing company recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. We have been named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and we recently made the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City's fastest growing companies.
Cowan Group Engineering is searching for a highly motivated Project Engineer with an active State of Oklahoma Professional Civil Engineering license to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients. Someone with exceptional project design skills in transportation, water or wastewater, to oversee a variety of public projects in our state. We need a team leader who fosters a positive work atmosphere, is a collaborative partner and has a history of getting projects accomplished on time and within budget.
Cowan Group Engineering is committed to impeccable quality known for clever solutions and unique approaches to our clients needs. We strive to be the go-to for engineering needs through out the State of Oklahoma.
- Direct multi-disciplinary teams
- Possess key design experience with municipal or state government projects
- Design and creation of project documents and specifications and associated tasks such as:
- Design and Drafting
- Quantity computations
- Cost estimates
- Details, schedules, observation and inspection
- Managing multiple local and out of town projects
- Able to manage multiple projects, multitasking
- Ability to travel to various job sites and office locations
- Keeping clients satisfied with accurate and on-time deliverables that are within their budgets
- Assist Field staff as required in project completion
- Maintain and coordinate review and approval/distribution of all project documents
- Maintain project quality control
- Contract document preparation
- Ability to prepare estimates and schedule routine projects
- Active in professional organizations
- Mentor other engineers
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position will be responsible for engineering calculations and detailed design for a variety of projects including but not limited to such as:
- Transportation and street design
- Drainage and civil design
- Water planning and design
- Wastewater planning and design
POSITION QUALIFICATION SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the state of Oklahoma
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven track record and strong desire of providing superior client service
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication are a must
- Very team oriented
- Strength in identifying, developing, and interacting with existing and potential clients
- Excellent technical skills
- Proficient in reading and understanding plans and specs
- Strong computer and technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Civil 3D
As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our awesome benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, long- and short-term disability and more) plus a great 401k match.
Position available in both, Oklahoma City and Tulsa offices. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Project Engineer.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)