Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service. Our Team loves it and we would love to welcome you as the next Cowan Group Team member!
We are looking to hire an experienced Survey CAD Technician to assist our survey team with processing field surveys and producing final deliverables to our internal and external clients. To ensure success as a Survey CAD Technician, you should have proven experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and survey experience.
- Daily processing of survey data, including evaluating accuracy and sufficiency and ensuring compliance to applicable regulation and professional and industry standards related to boundary calculations, legal descriptions, etc.
- Perform deeds research, deed plotting and map checks.
- Prepare survey plats and drawings, legal descriptions, and alignment drawings.
- Perform a variety of drafting and mapping operations including preparation of Survey maps, annexation maps, and other mapping and projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Draft subdivision plats, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and other related surveys.
- Provide technical office support (brief & debrief) for field crew.
- Perform quality control checks of plats and drawings prepared by a team member.
- Ensure schedules and productivity objectives set by supervisor for preparation of survey plats and drawings are achieved.
TO LAND THIS GIG YOU NEED:
5 - 8 years of survey CAD technician experience using Autodesk Civil 3D. Experience with ALTA/Boundary Survey, Topographic Surveys, Tin Surfaces, and subdivision plats is a must. Experience with ArcGIS would be a plus.
As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our awesome benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.) plus a great 401k match. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy great times with the Team doing service projects in the city! Lastly, ask anyone on the Team, we have awesome potlucks, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
YOUR NEXT MOVE:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Survey CAD Technician.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)