This is an opportunity to earn a rewarding salary while helping candidates and our team members reach their career goals while helping Cowan Group to obtain and retain the talent they need to succeed. This is a senior level position.
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service. With us, you are not just an employee, you are part of a team! We provide opportunities for accelerated growth (both personally and professionally) and encourage a collaborative work environment. We are excited about our team members' passion and commitment to our vision of being the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma, as we provide stewardship solutions based on sound engineering principles with diverse professional experiences - and we like to have a little fun, too!
We are a dynamic, growing, locally owned and locally operated company where employees are valued and not just seen as a number. We are a general civil and land surveying company with over 30 employees with offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking and open and honest communication. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to a variety of clients within the State of Oklahoma.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The person who takes this position will be a self-motivated, hard-worker, who is persistent, resilient, and will have a go-above-and-beyond attitude. Professional appearance and a professional attitude are a must and previous experience in recruiting/staffing is highly preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required in a related field (marketing, public relations, etc.) and the candidate must be comfortable making cold calls and meeting with all levels of applicants, staff, and clients.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in developing and successfully implementing fresh approaches for:
- Employee recruitment, onboarding, and retention
- Leadership and career development
- Diversity, inclusion, and overall employee experience
- Recognizing and rewarding high performers
- Performance evaluation, training, continuing education, compensation, benefit and other employee programs
- Successful hiring, onboarding and offboarding
- Employee engagement
- Performance management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in Employee Recruitment
- 5+ years of experience in a Supervisory role preferred
- HR certification preferred
We are seeking a Director of Employee Engagement to lead our firm’s HR department, including planning, implementing, and evaluating firm-wide employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The position will be based at the firm’s headquarters in Oklahoma City and will require occasional travel.
- Support organization staff by reviewing and improving our recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and offboarding program; counsel managers on candidate selection; conduct and analyze exit interviews; and recommend changes.
- Work closely with leadership team in the development of prospective and current employee-facing collateral.
- Monitor industry-relevant employee relations and human resources trends; develop and present recommendations to leadership team.
- Maintain the work structure by developing and updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Prepare employees for new assignments / advancement by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs for leadership roles.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees.
- Enforce management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures. Ensure transparency and understanding in regard to company expectations for each employee.
- Lead research, development, implementation, and assessment of tactics that modernize and otherwise improve prospective and current employee experience. Review metrics to track and measure effectiveness.
- Apply various tactics to boost employee retention and productivity across all company levels. Implement procedures to measure results.
Salary will be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience. This is a position where total compensation is directly impacted by how hard and efficient an individual works to recruit and retain team members.
HOW TO APPLY:
As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our awesome benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, long- and short-term disability and more) plus a great 401k match.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Director of Employee Engagement.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)