Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that first hand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service.
We are a growing company recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. We have been named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and we recently made the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City's fastest growing companies.
Looking for Transportation Engineering Technician with ODOT and municipal transportation experience to assist our transportation design group in the designing, drafting and modeling of construction plans. To ensure success as a Transportation Engineering Technician, you should have experience with MicroStation (InRoads/OpenRoads) along with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Drafts and draws detail drawings and plan sheets under the direction of a design team (Engineer, Engineering Technician), using Bentley and Autodesk software packages and data from previous projects
- Digitizes and scans logos, maps, etc. into Bentley and Autodesk software, using scanner or other related programs
- Develops, modifies and revises charts, drawings and graphical materials, using computer software
- Computes earthwork quantities using calculation cross sections
- Plots calculations provided by the design team, using the computer and various software
- Plots survey points, using Bentley and Autodesk software
- Inputs and lays out legal descriptions onto drawings using existing legal descriptions
- Utilizes attention to detail in order to produce new legal descriptions for projects
- Relies on knowledge of CAD software, company standards, computer and mathematical skills, and previous experience in order to produce the following items: drawings that reflect design team ideas, drawings that utilize and reflect calculated areas, quantities summaries, and profile sheets, materials that can be used for presentations, reports, and proposals, and products that reflect analysis, accuracy and consistency. Utilizes the same knowledge to resolve software issues and CAD instruction as needed
- Relies on knowledge of CAD, previous experience, interpersonal skills and communication skills in order to receive and follow instructions, to manage time and productivity through self-motivation and discipline, to increase productivity and effectiveness, and to meet deadlines and utilize man hours to complete assigned tasks and projects
- Two (2) years of formal CAD training and three (3) years of related experience. Working knowledge of Bentley and AutoDesk software is required
- Experience utilizing ODOT, and Municipal Standards and Specifications for Transportation Design
- Self-starter who works independently
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Civil 3D
As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our awesome benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, long- and short-term disability and more) plus a great 401k match.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Transportation Engineering Technician.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)